Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tel: (973) 268-2446 Fax: (973) 268-2423
Code Enforcement Office: This office is charged with the administration and enforcement of the Uniform Construction Code of the State of New Jersey. The staff consists of the construction official, sub code officials and assistants. The following activities are performed by this office:
- Provide construction applications and assistance to the public.
- Review all permit applications for completeness and verifications of prior approvals.
- Issue construction permits and collect permit fees.
- Perform all required inspections in connection with permits.
- Issue Certificates of Approval or Certificates of Occupancy for projects which have been completed.
- Issue Notices of Violation, Stop Work Orders and Unsafe Structure Notices when it is determined that provisions of the Uniform Construction Code have been violated.
Municipal Engineers Office:
This office is responsible for overseeing the preparation of design documents as well as perform on-site inspections and prepares reports of all municipal capitol improvement projects such as:
- Annual Resurfacing projects (milling and paving of streets) covered under NJDOT Local Aid.
- Improvements to the water distribution system.
- Improvements to the combined sewer collection system.
- Streetscape projects.
- Issue permits for the installation or replacement of concrete curb and sidewalk in the public right of way.
- Issue permits for new utility connections (water and sewer).
The municipal engineer acts as the town representative to ensure compliance with design documents. Other duties include performing on-site inspections of private development projects to ensure that all improvements which will be dedicated back to the town have been constructed in accordance with approved plans and specifications.