First of all, I hope that you and your loved ones are healthy and safe during this crisis. If you need any assistance whatsoever, please call my office at 973-268-2444.
Next, I want you to know that ALL municipal government operations are continuing despite very tight restrictions implemented by Gov. Murphy to halt the spread of the virus: https://nj.gov/infobank/eo/056murphy/pdf/EO-107.pdf.
While we must limit public access to Town buildings, services continue:
- Police, Fire and Ambulance services continue without limitation (973-483-4100).
- The Town Clerk (973-268-2425), Tax Collector (973-268-2438), Construction (973-268-2446), Finance (973-268-2433) & Vital Statistics (973-268-2444) departments remain open to serve you – please call ahead for guidance.
- Meals-on-Wheels are being delivered every day (973-268-2463).
- Public Works employees are in the Town sweeping the streets, collecting garbage, and keeping our infrastructure going (973-268-2296).
- Please see full guidance on our Town website: http://townofharrisonnj.com/.
- When in doubt, please call the Mayor’s Office at 973-268-2444.
There have been several positive cases of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 in Harrison. Be assured that our Health Department (973-268-2441) is closely monitoring the situation. PLEASE practice “social distancing” (staying 6 feet apart from others) when you can, wash your hands often, and avoid touching your face. If you are sick—stay home, avoid contact with others, and contact your health-care provider. Please consult the NJ Department of Health for useful guidance: https://covid19.nj.gov/.
Harrisonians are strong, and we will get through this crisis together. God Bless!